Since 2003, the District of Columbia Awards for Excellence in Historic Preservation has honored more than 125 outstanding preservation projects and dozens of individuals and organizations for their exceptional contributions in support of historic preservation in Washington, DC.
Nominate a project, person, organization, or business that you believe exemplifies excellence in historic preservation in Washington, DC!
Project Categories Include:
- Education: Programs, websites or initiatives by organization or individual(s)
- Design and Construction Large Projects: to include restoration, renovation or adaptive reuse of an historic building or new construction in an historic district (Commercial Office, Mixed-Use, Multi-Family, Institutional or other.)
- Design and Construction Small Projects: to include restoration, renovation or adaptive reuse of an historic building or new construction in an historic district (Rowhouse, Single Family, Small Multi-Family, Small Mixed-Use)
- Lifetime Achievement in Historic Preservation: Individual, Organization or Business whose dedicated work has had a lasting impact on historic preservation in DC.
- Stewardship: Individual, Organization or Business that has demonstrated a commitment to the long term preservation of an historic property
- Volunteerism and Community Involvement: Individual or Organization whose volunteer efforts have been instrumental in advancing historic preservation in the city
Projects must have been completed after January 1, 2020, and be within the boundaries of the District of Columbia.
The ONLINE APPLICATION is due by 6:00 pm on Friday, July 15, 2022.
The awards program will take place on November 1, 2022, at DAR Constitution Hall.
Preservation Awards Sponsors
Bonstra|Haresign ARCHITECTS ● Clark Construction Group
Eric Colbert Associates PC ● Consigli Construction Co., Inc.
Evergreene Architectural Arts ● Gould Property Company
Grunley Construction Company ● Roadside Development ● Silman
Hartman-Cox Architects ● Perkins Eastman ● Wagner Roofing Company
ZDS Architecture & Interiors
Anonymous ● David Bonderman
Mark Andrich Fund ● Fay Armstrong ● Michael J. Armstrong
Annette M. and Theodore N. Lerner Family Foundation
Sanders H. Berk, MD and Sally Berk
Warren and Claire Cox
Constance Lai, FAIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C
Frank Leone and Denise Vogt