Pending DCPL Nominations — Landmarks and Historic Districts
- Charles Whitney Gilmore Residence, 451 Park Road NW
- Chevy Chase Savings Bank, 5530 Connecticut Avenue NW
- Lord & Taylor Chevy Chase Branch Store, 5255 Western Avenue NW
- Lansburgh Park, Delaware Avenue between M and I streets SW
- Northeast Savings Bank, 800 H Street NE
- Capitol Power Plant Pump House, 1520 1st Street SE
- Pan American Health Organization, 525 23rd Street NW
- Carnegie Institution of Washington, Atomic Physics Observatory, 5241 Broad Branch Road NW
- Holy Name College and Sherwood Farmhouse, 1400 Shepherd Street NE
- Railway Express Agency Building, 900 2nd Street NE
- Anderson Tire Manufacturing Company, 1701 14th Street SE
- Interstate Building/International Building, 1319 F Street NW
- Procurement Building GSA Regional Office Building, 301 7th Street SW
- E Street Complex, 2430 E Street and 2301 Constitution Avenue NW
- Union Station (amendment for interior and boundary expansion), 50 Massachusetts Avenue NE
- Suter Properties, 511 and 521 G Street NW
- Sheridan Theater and Park n Shop, 6201-6221 Georgia Avenue NW
- Judiciary Square Historic District
- Downtown Historic District (boundary increase)
For a full list, please see the Historic Preservation Office’s Pending Nominations to the DC Inventory.
Landmarks and Historic Districts of the DC Inventory of Historic Sites and National Register of Historic Places
- See DC Historic Sites for an interactive map, information about individual historic landmarks and districts, and educational tours.
- List of DC Historic Districts, including Neighborhood, Government/Institutional, and Park/Parkway Historic Districts
- Criteria for Designating Historic Properties in DC: DC Inventory and National Register
- Guide to the National Register of Historic Places (Brochure from the National Park Service)
- National Register Database
For more information on the National Historic Landmark program, please see the National Park Service’s webpage.
Additional Resources: GIS Maps for gaining historic and current information on the properties of Washington, DC:
Multiple Property Documentation
- 20th Century African American Civil Rights Sites in Washington, D.C., 1912-1974
- American University Park in Washington, D.C.: Its Early Houses, pre-Civil War to 1911
- Apartment Buildings in Washington, D.C. 1880-1945
- Banks and Financial Institutions of Washington D.C.
- Boundary Markers of the Original District of Columbia
- DC Warehouse Survey Phase I
- DC Warehouse Survey Phase II
- Firehouses in Washington, D.C.
- Garden Club of America Markers in Washington, D.C.
- Memorials in Washington, D.C.
- Mount Vernon Triangle, Architectural and Historic Resources, Washington, D.C., 1791-1946
- Parkways of the National Capital Region, 1913-1965
- Public School Buildings of Washington, D.C., 1862-1960: The Development of Public Education in the District of Columbia, 1804-1960.
- Public School Buildings of Washington, D.C., 1862-1960
- Streetcar and Bus Resources of Washington, D.C., 1862-1962
- Telecommunications Resources of Washington, D.C., 1877-1954
- Tenleytown in Washington, D.C.: Historic and Architectural Resources, 1770-1941
- Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS), Historic American Engineering Record (HAER), and Historic American Landscapes Survey (HALS)