Since 2003, the District of Columbia Awards for Excellence in Historic Preservation has honored more than 135 outstanding preservation projects and dozens of individuals and organizations for their exceptional contributions in support of historic preservation in Washington, DC.
Nominate a project, person, organization, or business that you believe exemplifies excellence in historic preservation in Washington, DC!
Project Categories Include:
- Education: Programs, websites or initiatives by organization or individual(s).
- Design and Construction Large Projects: to include restoration, renovation or adaptive reuse of an historic building or new construction in an historic district (Commercial Office, Mixed-Use, Multi-Family, Institutional or other.)
- Design and Construction Small Projects: to include restoration, renovation or adaptive reuse of an historic building or new construction in an historic district (Rowhouse, Single Family, Small Multi-Family, Small Mixed-Use.)
- Lifetime Achievement in Historic Preservation: Individual, Organization or Business whose dedicated work has had a lasting impact on historic preservation in DC.
- Stewardship: Individual, Organization or Business that has demonstrated a commitment to the long term preservation of an historic property.
- Volunteerism and Community Involvement: Individual or Organization whose volunteer efforts have been instrumental in advancing historic preservation in the city.
Projects must have been completed after January 1, 2021, and be within the boundaries of the District of Columbia.
The ONLINE APPLICATION is due by 6:00 pm on Friday, June 9, 2023.
The awards program will take place on November 14, 2023, at DAR Constitution Hall.
Thank You To Our Sponsors!
BKV Group DC ● Bonstra|Haresign ARCHITECTS ● Clark Construction Group
Consigli Construction Co., Inc. ● Edens ● Evergreene Architectural Arts
Gould Property Company ● Grunley Construction Company ● Roadside Development
Eastbanc ● Hartman-Cox Architects ● Lorton Stone, LLC ● Monarc Construction
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger ● SmithGroup ● Wagner Roofing Company
Anonymous ● Mark Andrich Fund ● Fay Armstrong ● Michael J. Armstrong